This is definitely not a healthy recipe, but if you’ve been following me long, you know I’ve got a sweet tooth. If I’ve learned anything about my sweet tooth, it’s that if I deprive 100% it turns into a binge monster. What better to enjoy a sweet than in celebration of birthdays? August has some of my favorite people’s birthdays! And since I’ve recently found my love for Chex Muddy Buddies again. #sogood I decided to try my hand at making some “Birthday Cake” inspired buddies. After I mentally made my own recipe in my head I found some other recipes online too, be sure to check them out too. The fun part of cooking is the experiment process. These are on the really sweet side so a little bit definitely goes a long way. 🤔 May work well in a mix with pretzels and peanuts. #sweetandsavory ??? Maybe next August I’ll try them out like that. Or October, for one of my other favorite people’s birthday month.
The ingredient that makes these Buddies would have to be the Biscoffs Cookie Butter. I tried it some time ago and have had to tell myself no to purchasing it because I could eat the whole jar in a week. So delicious! I wish I could describe the flavor and do it justice. It’s usually by the peanut butter, my other guilty pleasure. Birds of a feather right?
Ok, enough blabbering right? Give you the recipe!
🎈🎉Birthday Buddies 🎂🎁
9 cups Rice Chex
1 cup White Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Biscoffs Cookie Butter
1/3 cup Margarine
1 tsp Imitation Vanilla (Extract gives a weird consistency)
1 cup Powdered Sugar (may need more)
Sprinkles to your liking!
The How To:
1. Measure Chex into a large bowl and set aside. Measure powdered sugar into a gallon size ziploc bag and set aside.
2. Add white chocolate chips, Biscoffs cookie butter and margarine into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in high for 30-60 seconds. Stir and heat again if necessary to make it all melty and delicious. Add in the vanilla.
3. Pour over the Chex cereal and stir until evenly coated.
4. Put gooey Chex mixture into the ziploc bag with the powdered sugar and shake it until it’s all covered. Add in your sprinkle choice and shake it up again to distribute all that sparkle and birthday pizazz.
5. Serve them up in a big bowl to share, or portion them out in little ziploc baggies and throw them in the freezer to pull out as a treat once in a while!
Happy Birthday to all you August babies. Hope you enjoy your month, and that your loved ones spoil you like you deserve!
Special shout out to my first born, Damien. I love you beautiful son. ❤️