What is the 21 Day Fix Extreme?
Extreme is a more intense version of the 21 Day Fix. Think weight loss plan meets bikini competition plan. This program whooped my butt into serious shape! I’ll be comparing the 21 Day Fix(21DF) and 21 Day Fix Extreme(21DFX) throughout my blog because I know a lot of you have already completed the 21 Day Fix and are thinking about upping your game. You totally should up it because results happen with change!
Who is the EXTREME for?
I recommend this program for anyone who is already physically active and looking to dial in their nutrition and really lean down. Great for weight loss but more dedicated towards people who already have some sort of fitness background. I’m not saying you have to be in shape to do this program, there is a modifier for the workouts but all the moves are still fairly intense. If you don’t enjoy exercise, I recommend starting with the original 21 Day Fix. When first starting a workout regimen it’s best to start small and work your way up. For instance, it’s probably not likely you’ll go run a marathon with no training, it’s better to start with a mile and work your way up.
The skinny… errr…STRENGTH?!?!
Like the 21 Day Fix, the EXTREME version is for losing weight but it’s more targeted at getting shredded and lean! Same portion control cups but a more intense meal plan. There are seven, 30-minute workouts each week. BIGGEST contributor to success for this program is MEAL PREP!
21DFX has a more intense routine. There are resistance bands used with Pilates for crying out loud! The breaks between sets are a little less and Autumn definitely pushes you a little harder this round. Don’t worry, there is still a modifier just in case you can’t do full plyometric movements. Bad back, bad knees, no problem. I was in the middle of training for a Spartan Race and ended up hurting my knee so I had to modify A LOT! Check out a couple of videos (Cardio Fix Extreme & 10 Minute Hardcore) on my Facebook to see me in action!
The Meal Plan
There are a few ways to get results with the meal plan. Autumn made sure to give you options. You can follow the standard meal plan like you would on 21DF or you can do the regular plan for 2 weeks and the Countdown to Competition for the last week or you can try the Countdown to Competition(C2C) plan. I did the Countdown to Competition for the full 3 weeks.
I would say the C2C was a lot like carb cycling. The Extreme days on the calendar are a lot like the 21DF plan, then the Countdown days are lots of protein, with a few fruits and lots of veggies and of course some healthy fats. This plan took a lot of planning for me but after the 1st week I had a routine and feel like it was pretty simple after that. I definitely recommend writing down your meal plan so you get a feel for how you’re eating schedule is going to go. There is a 21Df app that is super helpful for checking off your used “containers.” I’ve also heard of people buying the little rubber bracelets and removing them as they’ve used coordinating containers also. Plus heaven forbid, NO CHEATS ALLOWED! Well I guess you could cheat but if you’re determined for results, I would stick to the plan.
With all the protein intake I struggled to eat chicken or eggs 6 times a day (I’m not a big fish fan) so I supplemented with my Shakeology (click here to learn more) and also the Performance Line protein shakes(Recover & Recharge.) Check out the Performance Line here. All 3 shakes qualify for a red container. I actually used ALL of the supplements from the Performance Line and I really loved them. Now if only Beachbody would get to work on developing a Vegan line! Do you hear me Carl Daikeler???
21 Day Fix Extreme Results
Some of my teammates killed it ❤ You can do it too!
What’s Included with Your 21 Day Fix Extreme Workout Program:
Good things come in small packages, ever heard that saying? It’s true, the containers seem small but once I realized how many of them I got, I was never hungry. Don’t be discouraged by how small the DVD pack is either, I promise those workouts will pack a punch. Be sure to check out Autumn unpacking the 21 Day Fix Extreme box below.
Here’s exactly what’s included:
- The Workouts: The seven workouts are all 30-minutes long, you can wake up 30 minutes earlier to squeeze in some sweat time right? (Plus a bonus core routine, because who doesn’t want abs?!?) They are:
- Plyo Fix Extreme
- Upper Fix Extreme
- Lower Fix Extreme
- Pilates Fix Extreme
- Cardio Fix Extreme
- Yoga Fix Extreme
- Dirty 30 Extreme
- 10 Minute Hardcore
- The Portion Control System: The same dishwasher-safe, BPA-free containers as the 21DF, they are color coded, whatever fits into the container from the specific food group it’s intended for is what you’re allowed to eat. Here’s the breakdown:
- One Green—Vegetables
- One Purple—Fruit
- One Red—Protein
- One Yellow—Carbohydrates
- One Blue—Healthy Fats and Cheese
- 2 Orange—Seeds and Oils
- Shakeology Shaker Cup— Shakeology cup, or my favorite water cup. I aim for 5 shakers full a day, that’s just a few ounces short of a gallon.
- Check me out utilizing my portion cups HERE
- 21 Day Fix Extreme Eating Plan: An easy-to-follow portion-control diet plan with plain and simple recipes. Tasty and simple.
- Countdown to Competition Meal Plan: Autumn’s meal plan for when she’s cutting for bikini competitions. Really dialed in meal plan to get lean.
- 24/7 Online Support: This is something useful that comes with any Beachbody product you purchase. It’s great for whenever you’re looking for support and/or motivation to keep you going when things get tough. Contact me for a little extra accountability and to be added to a group of like minded peeps to help keep you in check and motivated!
- Order through me and you will get a bonus disc: The Fix Challenge!
What Equipment You’ll Need for 21 Day Fix Extreme
You will need some weights, a yoga mat and a resistance band to do the 21DFX if you want the best results.
If you struggle to use the resistance band on the Yoga or Pilates like I did, it’s okay to leave it out on those, but keep challenging yourself and trying to use them the next time. Some of the moves I just couldn’t get coordinated enough to complete so skipped the resistance band on those and used it on other moves.
A yoga mat is good for floor moves, especially if you have a hard wood floor.
If you are serious about getting to business and seeing change in your body. This right here has been amazing. The 21 Day Fix Extreme and 22 Minute Hard Corps have been my favorite programs for results.
- How long is each workout? 30 minutes
- What is the workout schedule? 1 workout a day for 21 days, 2 of the workouts are recovery days.
- How much space is needed? At least 6 square feet of space is recommended.
- What is the Countdown to Competition plan? This plan uses “carb depletion” to burn off the last fat stores and get as shredded as possible.
- Can you eat out during Fix Extreme? Yes, if you can stick to the meal plan.
- Does the eating plan include gluten free options? Yes. You get to choose your carb options.
- Does the eating plan include vegan/vegetarian options? Yes. There are a few options on the foods list, I recommend looking for updated food lists online. If you need help feel free to ask me, I’m vegan myself.
- Can I download the workout sheets? Yes, HERE
Ready to get started?
How to Order the 21 Day Fix Extreme
There are a few ways to get started.
- The 21 Day Fix Extreme Essential kit is reasonably priced at $59.85. Click here to order through Team Beachbody which offers the best price online.
- The 21 Day Fix Extreme Ultimate Package, comes with the essential kit, 2 next level workouts along with an extra set of the containers, a large container for mixing small ones and a resistance band. $119.70
- The 21 Day Fix Extreme Challenge Pack, which includes the essential kit and a bag of Shakeology shipped on Home Direct (monthly auto-ship). The HD shipping is a discounted shipping charge of only $2 that you cancel at any time. The Challenge Pack price is $160 and must be ordered through Team Beachbody. This equals about a $60 savings than ordering individually. Basically, you are getting the 21 Day Fix Extreme Essential for $10. 🙂
- The 21 Day Fix Extreme Kickstart Challenge Pack, this includes all of the above, plus the 3 Day Refresh. It’s a 3 day program to help kick start detox and get you ready to start fresh with your new workout program. Check out my 3 Day Refresh review here. This pack is $180 for the month of June. That’s a savings of $90 versus buying everything separately.
Purchasing the items separately would cost:
- 21 Day Fix Extreme base kit – $59.85 (value)
- Shakeology flavor of your choice on HD – $129.95 (value)
- Bonus workout DVD The Fix Challenge – $19.95 (value)
- Free 30-day trial to the Team Beachbody OnDemand – $12.96 (value)
- 3 Day Refresh-$59.85 (value)
- Ultimate Package Upgrade- $59.85
This is the best deal for those considering the program with Shakeology.
21 Day Fix Extreme a little too Extreme for you?